Take the stress out of creating fun, healthy lunches – that will actually be eaten – with this balanced, flavour-filled, mix-and-match recipe. Here’s how to make tasty and easy chicken wraps
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Serves: 8
- 2 red peppers
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
- 30g grated parmesan cheese
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice the peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Place on a baking tray cut side down and roast for 20 minutes or until the skins are brown. Put the peppers in a bowl, cover with cling-film and leave to cool.
- Peel the skins off the peppers.Slice the ciabatta in half lengthways and remove some of the dough. Spread the sundried tomato paste on both sides of the bread, then arrange the tomatoes on the base of the bread with the mozzarella, parmesan and basil leaves.
- Season well, and add the peppers, followed by the top half of the bread.
- Wrap in cling-film and leave in the fridge for one hour. When ready to serve, slice the loaf into eight.
For more lunchbox recipes from Annabel Karmel, the UK’s number one parenting author, see Annabel’s app, Annabel’s Essential Guide To Feeding Your Baby & Toddler – Annabel Karmel, available on iTunes