Yesterday, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, unveiled 10 social media rules that Emirati users should strictly follow when posting.
View this post on Instagram
He believes that all Emiratis who use social media are representing the country so their posts should be respectful of culture and heritage with no foul language.
So next time you take to Instagram, here are the 10 points to keep in mind
1. A person who represents Sheikh Zayed, the UAE’s founding father, and his principles when interacting with others.
2. A person who reflects the knowledge, culture and the level and sophistication of civilization achieved by the UAE.
3. A person who does not use insults, foul language or any other word that’s indecent.
4. A person who uses logic and reasoning in a conversation.
5. A person who appreciates a good word, a beautiful picture and interacts with positive thoughts, cultures and societies.
6. A person who helps others by sharing information, ideas, social and human initiatives that enrich the country.
7. A person who gets involved with his/her international surroundings, speaks its language, deals with its issues and positively interacts with its future.
8. A confident person who accepts differences and builds bridges with other people.
9. A person who reflects the humble nature and love of Emiratis, and the love and openness towards others.
10. A person who adores the nation, is always proud of it, and would sacrifice for it.
– For more about Dubai’s lifestyle, news and fashion scene straight to your newsfeed, follow us on Facebook
Images: Instagram, main image instagram.com/streetrends