Spelt Dakos Recipe: How To Make This Super-Easy Starter
Bookmark this recipe for times when you are looking for a quick nibble, having friends over, or just snacking for fun. Making its way from the kitchens of beautiful Crete in Greece, it is delicious, healthy (more so for diabetics) and absolutely easy to make. You’re welcome.
- 6 slices of spelt toast bread (carved into round slices using a ring mould or a cup) Note: Spelt toast can be found in Spinneys or Waitrose
- ½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- Small handful of fresh oregano leaves
- 1 table spoon of pomegranate molasses
- Juice of half a lemon
- 6 medium size goat cheese balls
- Olive oil
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes into small cubes. Add salt, oregano leaves, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and mix. Make sure to drain the excess liquid before plating.
2. Spread the tomato on the bread and top with goat cheese. Sprinkle with pepper and olive oil.
Created by Nabz & G for the Beat Diabetes Initiative’s Homey’s Guide to Healthy Recipes