It’s no secret that Wagyu beef is known as one of the finest pieces of meat in town, and if you throw in some black truffle you’ve got yourself the makings of a fine dining favourite.
Perfect this recipe from the chefs at Le 1947 Cheval Blanc, Courchevel, and we guarantee you’ll never opt for plain, old steak ever again.
Wagyu Beef with Black Truffle Recipe
- 720g Wagyu tenderloin
- 200g potatoes
- 60g black truffle
- 160g baby onions
- 100ml chicken stock
- 120g fresh spinach
- 120ml corn oil
- pepper mill
- Sea salt
- Clean and cut the potatoes thinly into chips.
- Heat the corn oil and fry the potato like crisps, seasoning to taste.
- Peel and clean baby onions and put into vaccuum bag with chicken stock.
- Steam vacuum bag for one hour then cut onions in half.
- Cook the beef according to how you like it and cut into two halves.
- Lightly saute spinach leaves in oil and season to taste.
- Slice the truffle into delicate round shapes and dress it on the beef.