Making its way to the GCC, the Carrera Retrospective Roadshow is set to showcase 12 key pieces that represent a pivotal moment in the brand’s history.
Celebrating its one-of-a-kind designs from the past, future and the present – the roadshow commenced on May 4, 2023, with agrand opening party at the Vision Industry store at Mall of the Emirates in Dubai.
Incepted out of Austrian eyewear maker and pioneer Wilhelm Anger’s passion for racing, Carrera found its name from the early 1950s Carrera Panamericana – one of the most dangerous car races in the world. The race’s desire to push boundaries, passion and irresistible attraction characterize the distinctive traits of Carrera eyewear still today.
View this post on Instagram
Giving the audience a recap of Carrera’s journey from the 1970’s to modern day, the Retrospective displays designs through the ages. Pieces include:
- Ski Mask, 1970’s: Sports are for pushing boundaries, and Carrera became the undisputed star of winter sports, with the brand’s ski goggles and helmets providing athletes with superior protection.
- Carrera Porsche Design 5620, 1970’s: At the forefront of design and technology, founders and friends, Wilhelm Anger and Ferdinand Porsche created a new futuristic shield design that became a symbol of boldness, worn by all-time greatest rock stars.
- Carrera Endurance 5407, 1970’s: A revolution in the world of eyewear, this design broke the golden rules in the eyewear industry of clean-cut and understated front design. Becoming a signature detail for the brand, this style was seen on cult TV series, Miami Vice.
- Safari 65, 1980’s: An unmistakable design, as seen on Robert Di Niro, its unique shape is a synthesis of the proportions of ski goggles, translated into a pair of sunglasses.
- F1 World Champion, Niki Lauda and Carrera, 1980’s: Two legends meet to push boundaries as Carrera chose the famous Austrian F1 world champ as the face of the brand, creating the C80, C100 and 5595.
Post the launch event, the roadshow will travel to key retailers across the region, giving consumers the chance to experience the brand’s rich heritage first-hand. Customers will be able to to see and try on some of the most iconic pieces from Carrera’s history and also learn about the brand’s inventive approach to eyewear design and technology.
– For more on luxury lifestyle, news, fashion and beauty follow Emirates Woman on Facebook and Instagram
Images: Supplied by Carrera