After a successful stint at the Dubai Food Carnival 2015, British chef, restauranteur (he is behind The Scene at Pier 7) and TV personality Simon Rimmer, reveals the recipe to one of his most popular dishes… Prepare to wow at your next dinner party.
Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 20mins | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Zest and juice of 3 tangerines
- 1 tangerine, sliced into rounds with skin on
- 50ml rice vinegar
- 75g honey
- 50ml water
- 4x125g salmon fillets, skin on
- 200g créme fraiche
- 50g horseradish
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 200g flour
- 50g castor sugar
- 1tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 egg
- 50g melted butter
- 250ml milk
- 1.5g unsalted butter
- Boil the honey, juice, zest, water for about 5 minutes to reduce quantity by half.
- Add the slices of fruit, cook for 5 minutes more to produce a sticky glaze.
- Put the salmon in a lined baking dish.
- Spoon over the sauce, lay the slices on top, season and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes (save a little sauce to brush at the end)
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate soda and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg, butter, milk and cheese, then add this to the flour mix.
- Stir in the berries.
- Spoon some of the mix into a lightly oiled warm frying pan and cook for one minute each side, until golden.
- Mix the crème fraiche with horseradish, capers and chopped dill.
- Serve salmon on pancake with the crème fraiche.
Chef Simon Rimmer participated at the Dubai Food Festival 2015