Michelin star level
You know what’s better than dressing up and heading out? Staying in the comfort of your abode with a delicious home cooked dinner.
Just in time for the weekend, we have asked a Michelin star chef Michael White – the man behind the New York restaurant Italian seafood restaurant Marea that has recently opened in DIFC – to share a recipe for one of his standout dishes – spaghetti Vongole with clams and calamari.
Full of simple flavours, this quick and easy dish celebrates the best of seafood and you can make a big enough batch to feed yourself and three of your closest friends. Spaghetti is best when shared.
In addition, Marea is hosting a one off special dinner on March 10. Chef Michael White has joined culinary forces with Chef Akmal Anuar to celebrate the best of Italian and Asian cuisine through a six-course-set menu, titled Poseidon Adventure. Expect sea bass enhanced with the rich and intense flavours of Japanese wasabi and hand-rolled garganelli accompanied with a blue fin tuna bolognese. Marea’s limited-edition East Meets West menu is priced at Dhs475 per person.
Ready to cook up a storm at home? Follow the recipe below:
450g Spaghetti Pasta
3 cloves Sliced Garlic in Olive Oil
1 pinch Chili Flakes To Taste
50g Baby Leeks, thinly sliced
36 Ea Manila Clams, washed
100g Calamari, cleaned and diced
10g Parsley, chiffonade
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat. Add the sliced garlic in oil, chili flakes, kosher salt, and leeks. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant and the leeks start to soften slightly.
- Add the clams to the pan, then the fumet and cover with a lid to steam open the clams.
- Add the pasta to boiling, salted water and cook until the desired doneness is reached.
- Add the cooked pasta to the clams, follow with the calamari and stir to combine.
- Cook the pasta in the sauce to thicken slightly and cook the calamari through. Add some extra virgin olive oil to the pan while tossing to help add body.
- Finish with the parsley and lemon juice, adjust seasoning to taste.
– For more about Dubai’s lifestyle, news and fashion scene straight to your newsfeed, follow us on Facebook