The weather may be heating up but nothing beats a quick and nutritious soup to warm up our souls after a long hard day at work. Healthy comfort at its best.
Recipe courtesy of our favourite culinary whizz Farah Sawaf from cookingwithamanicure.com
CARROT AND GINGER SOUP WITH AN APPLE TWIST
15 minutes preparation and 45 minutes to cook
Recommended NStyle polish color: Sticky Toffee
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup celery, roughly chopped
- 2 red apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Place all ingredients in a pot and sauté with a touch of olive oil for eight to 10 minutes. Pour in stock.
- Boil then simmer for 30 minutes. With a hand blender or blender puree to your liking.
- Serve with a dollop of crème fresh or Greek yogurt and crack black pepper over each serving.
All products are available from milK&HONEY. Stores are located in Palm Jumeirah (04) 4328686 and Emirates Hills Meadows Centre (04) 4356363