Whip your figure into shape with these unique treats that pave the way for inch loss
AN INCH TO PINCH
- Treat: VelaShape
- Best for: Feeling the burn
- Clinic: Aesthetics International
- The rundown: Powered by the revolutionary elōs™ Technology, VelaShape sessions offer the chance to reduce fat layers and cellulite, by treating both the deeper tissue and upper layers of the skin. The technology works by super-heating layers of subcutaneous fat to up to 42 degrees through a series of rollers, which gently ‘pinch’ the skin. It’s recommended to have up to six sessions, each lasting between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on how quickly your skin heats. Mildly painful, but it gets results.
- Location: Aesthetics International, Al Wasl Road, Umm Suquiem 2, Villa 1049
- Tel: (04) 3469888
- Price: Dhs1,500
- Time: 30–60 minutes
- Treat: Full Moon Yoga
- Best for: Relaxing and de-stressing
- The rundown: Once a month, on the full moon, find your inner Zen and enjoy the holistic experience of yoga on the beach at the Madinat Jumeirah. Stretch and tone while listening to the gentle crashing of the waves.
- Location: Talise Spa, Madinat Jumeirah
- Tel: (04) 3666810
- Price: Dhs99
- Time: 7.30pm
- Treat: At-home ‘Bootcamp’ treatments
- Brand: Mama Mio
- Best for: DIY beauty
- The rundown: If there’s a part of your body in need of a little fix up, Mama Mio’s ‘Bootcamp’ products target all problem areas. Whether you choose their Tummies, Butts or Arms product, you can get tighter, brighter, smoother skin with some serious inch loss thrown in for good measure all in the comfort of your own home.
- Available from: SensAsia Urban Spa, The Palm Jumeirah
- Tel: (04) 422 7115
- Price: From Dhs510
For more toning treats, pick up the new April edition of Emirates Woman magazine, on shelves now.
Image: Todd Barry/ Conde Nast