In her fourth Ramadan recipe, Farah Sawaf adds an Arabian twist to a classic fish dish.
“This recipe is a keeper,” she says. “You will be making this as your back-up dish as it’s so easy, and even better, it’s so good for you.”
ZAATAR SALMON WITH CUCUMBER SAUCE
Serves 6 to 8 | Preparation time 40 minutes
- 1–1.3 kilo filet of salmon, skin on
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh zaatar, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Good quality olive oil
SAUCE (Mix all ingredients together)
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 3 cucumbers, skinned and shredded
- ½ cup fresh zaatar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- On a large non-stick baking sheet, gently lay the salmon skin-side down. In a horizontal line, carefully place sliced lemons over salmon. Sprinkle with zaatar, then green onions. Crack black pepper and sprinkle sea salt on top. Lastly, drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer carefully to a large serving dish where guests can take as much as they please rather than breaking it up. It looks so beautiful as a whole piece! Serve with sauce on the side.
All the ingredients for this dish are available from Lafayette Gourmet.
For more recipes from Farah, visit here