Forget about the Sunday roast, wow your dinner party guests with pigeon breast and date puree pastille with mini vegetables and juice with spices
- 2 whole pigeons
- Duck fat
PREPARATION OF THE DUCK
- Bone the pigeon and reserve the breasts.
- Start the pigeon stock with the bones, carcass and a small aromatic garnish.
- Moisten with chicken stock and simmer up slowly for 2 hours. Sieve and reduce to half.
- Heat 30g of honey, add one cinnamon stick, one star anise and four pods of cardamom. Roast for five minutes on low heat and deglaze with balsamic vinegar. Moisten with the pigeon stock and cook gently for 20 minutes. Filter and season.
- Eight pieces mini carrots
- Eight mini turnips
- White and black sesame seeds
PREPARATION OF THE VEGETABLES
- Peel carrot and turnips and cook them in salted water. Cool with ice at the end of cooking
- 150g dates
- 20g banana
- 10g salted butter
- 1 unpeeled orange
- chicken stock
- 2 sheets of filo dough
PREPARATION OF THE PUREE
- Start the deate purée by putting all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Mix it all in a blender and pass through a sieve. Reserve.
- With a paint brush, spread butter on the filo sheets and stack them two by two.
- Cut into rectangles of 9cm/3cm, arrange them on a sheet of baking paper, cover with another sheet of baking paper and put an oven tray on top. Bake until lightly browned.
FINISHING AND PRESENTATION
- 1 star anise
- Shiso sprouts
- Salt Guerande
- Build the mile-feuilles of date, with filo dough and date puree. Sprinkle with icing sugar and cinnamon on the last sheet.
- Season the pigeon breasts and roast in a frying pan with a little oil. Pass in a hot oven 170°C for about eight minutes and remove. Allow to rest
- Heat the turnips and carrots in butter.
- Arrange on the plate pigeon breasts, add the cooked thighs. Place a date mille-feuilles two mini turnips, two carrots and finish with the juice with spices.
Chef Alexandre is the Executive Chef of Constance Belle Mare Plage in Mauritius