Prince Harry and Meghan Markle aren’t here for fake news and the spreading of false rumours.
Just recently, the Duchess of Sussex was forced to make a statement clarifying rumours that she had her birth name removed from her son Archie’s birth certificate.
As of late, the Duke of Sussex has also been in the midst of a battle to clear his name after a publication falsely stated in a “defamatory” story he had “turned his back” on the British Royal Marines after he stepped down from public royal duties in January last year with Meghan.
— Reuters (@Reuters) February 1, 2021
An article published by the Mail on Sunday stated that since Harry had left the UK for North America he had “not been in touch” with the armed forces following his farewell royal tour in March last year.
Settling the matter in court, Harry has agreed to accept “substantial damages” from the publisher, which he will be donating to the Invictus Games Foundation, an organisation he founded back in 2014.
“The duke is personally donating the significant damages recovered from this legal resolution to the Invictus Games Foundation,” a Sussex spokesperson told Harper’s Bazaar US, adding that “the duke’s commitment to the military community is unquestionable”.
Meghan clears things up
Earlier this week, the Duchess of Sussex once again had to defend herself against tabloid gossip, this time it’s surrounding her son’s birth certificate.
It was reported by UK tabloid The Sun over the weekend that the Duchess of Sussex had taken “unprecedented action” to remove her birth names from Archie’s birth certificate.
What previous read as ‘Rachel Meghan Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex’ then became to be just ‘Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex.
However, not letting rumours run rife, the former Suits actress issued a statement via a spokesperson hitting back at the report.
In fact, according to Meghan, the change of name on the documents was “dictated by the Palace”.
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) January 31, 2021
“The change of name on public documents in 2019 was dictated by The Palace, as confirmed by documents from senior Palace officials,” a spokesperson clarified. “This was not requested by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex nor by The Duke of Sussex.”
In her statement, the Sussex camp also branded the report “deceptive”.
“To see this U.K. tabloid and their carnival of so-called ‘experts’ chose to deceptively whip this into a calculated family ‘snub’ and suggest that she would oddly want to be nameless on her child’s birth certificate, or any other legal document, would be laughable were it not offensive,” the spokesperson said.
“There’s a lot going on in the world; let’s focus on that rather than creating clickbait.”
– For more on luxury lifestyle, news, fashion and beauty follow Emirates Woman on Facebook and Instagram
Feature Image: Sussex Royal Instagram