Got dinner guests coming round at short notice? Dazzle them with this easy-to-whip-up (but still super tasty) individual dish.
Serves 6 people
- 1 large eggplant
- 250g grass-fed ground beef
- ½ onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Greek yoghurt
- Olive oil
- 2tsp salt or to taste
- 2tsp black pepper
- 2tbs mixed spices
- Dry basil
- 1 garlic clove
For the eggplant:
- Cut the eggplant into 6 thick round slices
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Place the eggplant on a baking tray and brush each slice with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes.
For the beef: In a warm pan sauté the onions for 3 minutes or until golden, add the beef and stir until the meat starts to change in color, add the salt, pepper and mixed spices and stir for 10-15 minutes until the meat is cooked.
For the tomatoes: Place the diced tomatoes in a small pot and heat for 5 minutes, add the crushed garlic, 1tsp salt and 1tsp black pepper, dry basil and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 30 minutes
For serving: place the baked eggplant slice in the middle of the plate, place the cold tomatoes gently in the middle, add 1tbs of ground beef on top and a touch of fresh yoghurt.
– For more about Dubai’s lifestyle, news and fashion scene straight to your newsfeed, follow us on Facebook
Created by Nabz & G for the Beat Diabetes Initiative’s Homey’s Guide to Healthy Recipes