No friends- or family-get-together meal is complete without a yummy dessert. So, how about adding our favourite Thai-style mango magic to your summer party table? Chef Yongyos Chimthep at Benjarong, Dusit Thani eagerly shared his recipe. Remember to thank us as you enjoy every bite…
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Serves: two | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g sticky rice
- 100ml coconut milk
- 100g sugar
- 1gm salt
- 10g Pandan leaf
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 ripe mango
- Place the sticky rice in a bowl and cover with plenty of water. Place the bowl in the chiller and leave to soak the rice for six hours. For better results, soak the rice overnight and it will be ready to cook when you wake up in the morning.
- For every 100grams of sticky rice, you need 150ml of tepid water. Place the rice in a rice cooker for 10-15 minutes. If you don’t have a rice cooker, place the rice and water together into a reasonable size pot and bring to boil. Once boiled, cover the pot and turn the heat to low for 10-15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Turn the heat off and leave the rice to cool.
- To prepare the coconut milk, place sugar, coconut milk, salt, corn oil and pandan leaf in a pot and bring to boil while stirring continuously. Once the mixture has boiled, turn off to rest and let the flavors mix through for one hour.
- When milk mixture is cool, pour the mix over the sticky rice and mix together until coconut liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Peel and cut the mango at your preference and serve along with the sticky rice. Bon appetite!