Travelling soon? We’ve got your hand luggage covered. Check out our edit of everything you’ll need to ensure you arrive at your destination looking as though you’ve stepped out of a spa, rather than a long-haul flight!
Now, we’ll confess travelling light is not a concept we’re familiar with.
For a weekend away we’ve been known to pack more outfits than we would need for a photo shoot including; our entire collection of costume jewels, five LBDs and every pair of heels we own. Our argument, a girl needs options – the downside we’ve had our share of pricey excess baggage incidents.
But one thing we have mastered when travelling is what to take in our hand luggage.
The first step is to only pack what you really need. There’s nothing worse than lugging a huge, heavy bag around the airport – especially when you’ll need the arm space for duty-free shopping. Our advice leave the outfit changes and beauty supplies in your suitcase because you’ll be surprised by how little you actually need them.
Here is our six travel essentials we wouldn’t take off without…
1. A Burberry cashmere wrap to combat the plane chill. Any material will do but nothing beats curling up with super-soft cashmere when up in the air.
2. Shades are so much chicer than an eyemask. We love this cat-eye style by Tom Ford.
3. Forget skintight denim, leggings are much more comfortable. Opt for a pair with leather panels – there’s no excuse to not to be fashionable while flying.
4. An ultra nourishing, yet non-oily face cream. This lightweight and anti-ageing formula by Korres is packed with antioxidants to ward off inflight bacteria.
6. Kim Kardashian take note, flats are a must. Travelling in heels is never a good idea as feet swell due to the air pressure, if you take your heels off for a nap it’s very likely you won’t get them back on again.
Image: Coco Rocha for Longchamp S/S13