Early detection of breast cancer can save lives and ensure a 93 per cent or higher survival rate in the first five years, per the USA’s National Breast Cancer Foundation.
To mark breast cancer awareness this month, the UAE’s Pink Caravan mobile clinics along with its Minivan Clinic which is offering initiatives for women to get tested in both Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah.
Organised by Sharjah-based Friends of Cancer Patients (FOCP) and its partners, free screenings are being offered to women in order to help with the early detection of breast cancer.
View this post on Instagram
Here’s where you can go for a complimentary breast cancer screening session during the month of October:
- University of Sharjah – October 4, 9am to 3pm
- Emirates Identity Authority – October 5, 9am to 3pm
- Sharjah Ladies Club – October 7, 4pm to 10pm
- Mirdif City Centre, October 8, 4pm to 10pm
- Yas Mall, October 8, Abu Dhabi, 4pm to 10pm
- La Mer, October 15, 4pm to 10pm
- Dubai Frame, October 16, 4pm to 10pm
- Mamzar Park, October 16, 4pm to 10pm
- Umm Al Emarat Park, Abu Dhabi, October 18, 4pm to 10pm
- University of Sharjah, October 19, 9am to 3pm
- Raw Coffee in Dubai, October 23, 10am to 4pm
- Al Majaz Waterfront, October 27, 4pm to 10pm
- Museum of the Future, October 28, 4pm to 10pm
- Mega Mall in Sharjah, October 29, 4pm to 10pm
- Dubai Digital Park, October 30, 4pm to 19pm
With free checkups across multiple locations, women across the UAE can prioritise their health this month and beyond.
– For more on luxury lifestyle, news, fashion and beauty follow Emirates Woman on Facebook and Instagram
Images & Feature Image: Unsplash @anna tarazevich