Try this turkey pilaf recipe for a quick, easy and tasty way of using up Christmas leftovers while giving your child a healthy and flavour-filled meal.
- 150g basmati rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g frozen peas
- 100g sweetcorn
- 175g cooked turkey,
- finely diced
- 2 ½ tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- A knob of butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
1. Cook the rice in boiling salted water. Drain and refresh under cold water, leave to drain and cool.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
3. Add the onion and garlic and sauté over a low heat for 8 minutes until soft.
4. Add the peas and stir for 3 minutes. Add the turkey, sweetcorn and cooked rice.
5. Stir-fry over the heat to heat through. Add the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
6. Heat a small frying pan. Mix the eggs with the milk and season with a little salt.
7.Melt the butter. Add the eggs and scramble until the eggs are cooked and dry. Break up into small pieces, and then add to the rice. Season to serve.
Prep time 40 minutes | Serves 6
For more recipes from Annabel Karmel, the UK’s number one parenting author, see Annabel’s app,Annabel’s Essential Guide To Feeding Your Baby & Toddler – Annabel Karmel, available on iTunes