Adding oats for long-lasting energy, nuts for protein and dried apricots for beta-carotene gives these Rice Krispie squares a healthy twist for snack food. They are very easy for children to prepare and require no cooking.
• 100g white chocolate
• 75g unsalted butter
• 75g golden syrup
• 60g Rice Krispies
• 60g porridge oat
• 50g chopped dried apricots
• 30g pecans, finely chopped
• Melt together the chocolate, butter and syrup. In a large bowl mix together the Rice Krispies, oats, dried apricots and pecans. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
• Line a fairly shallow 20cm (8in) square baking tin. Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface with a potato masher.
• Place in the fridge to set. Cut into squares before serving.
Makes nine squares
Suitable for one-year-olds plus