In love with steak? Whether you like your fillet well done or rare, whether you are dining alone or with a friend, do yourself proud and impress with Chef Ernesto Tonetto’s Tender Filleto. Here he shares the recipe straight from the exclusive kitchens of Tre By Roberto Rella just for you…
TENDER FILLETO (Fillet Steak)
Serves: 1 | Preparation time: 90 minutes | Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 180g black angus tenderloin
- 40g mash potota
- 10g baby carrot
- 10g baby broccoli
- 10g white asparagus
- 10g green asparagus
- 10g baby potato
- 5g beetroot
- 20g foie gras
- 30ml cream
- 5g rosemary
- 5g thyme
- 10ml olive oil
- 1g salt flacks
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the tenderloin with salt, pepper, ash oil, rosemary and thyme for 30 minutes.
- Pan sear the foie gras and cook them in the oven. Blend with warm cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the tenderloin on top of a charcoal grill for five to eight minutes and then cook in the oven for 20minutes
- Sauté the vegetables separately
- Place hot mash potato in the plate and arrange sautéed vegetables on the mash
- Place the tenderloin on the bed of vegetables. Drizzle the plate with ash oil and sprinkle crystal salt on the tenderloin just before serving.
Chef’s tip: Get the meat to room temperature before grilling.
Chef Ernesto Tonetto is the head chef at Tre By Roberto Rella, Radisson Royal Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai