Our favourite local chef, Farah Sawaf of cookingwithamanicure.com takes on a classic and makes it her own. The American salad gets a delicious local facelift. If you didn’t know what to do with the excess meat from your Christmas roast, this is a perfect recipe.
FARAH’S COBB SALAD
Serves 4 | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 red tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium cooked chicken breast, baked, chopped (or leftover Christmas Turkey or beef)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, boiled well, chopped
- 200g of crumbly blue cheese
- Good quality balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- In a large salad bowl place each component separately. Sprinkle all with salt and pepper.
- When its time to serve, you can mix all together well in front of guests and have each drizzle as much olive oil and balsamic as desired.
- Or serve with everyone taking what they please separately.
For more recipes from Farah, visit cookingwithamanicure.com