What better way to start the day than with a glass full up goodness? This green smoothie will give you the energy and vitality you need to get through the day. Blenders at the ready… #EWGetsFitThis green smoothie recipe comes courtesy of renowned nutritionist Caroline Bienert, who explains: “Green smoothies are an awesome and simple way to start detoxing. This smoothie stimulates the metabolism, flushes out toxins and provides your body with all the required elements for the day: minerals, vitamins, fatty acids.”
Green Smoothie a la Caroline
Serves: 1 | Preparation and cooking: 5 mins
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 green apple
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 1 hearty dash of lemon juice
1) Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blitz.
2) Pour into a tall glass and add a herb sprig for decoration (optional).
3) Drink and Enjoy the goodness.