If filet mignon is the king of steaks, then it’s only right to call beef tenderloin the king of roasts.
It is, without doubt, one of the most tender and rich cuts of beef out there. You will also find it’s insanely easy to prepare.
Just follow Chef Federico Teresi’s — of Leonardo, Stella di Mare Hotel — recipe and you are good to go.
Be sure to relish every bite — you can thank the chef and us later.
Angus beef tenderloin rolled in veal bacon with leeks and red radicchio
Prep time: 25 minutes
Serves: Four people
Ingredients — Beef tenderloin for one person
- 180g Beef tenderloin
- 4 Strips Veal Bacon
- 10ml Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 10g Butter
- 2g Garlic
- 2g Rosemary
- Roll the Tenderloin with the strips of veal bacon, then marinate with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pan sear all sides then rest for about 10 minutes.
- For the finishing, baste it with butter, garlic and rosemary
Ingredients — Red radicchio serving four people
- 250g red radicchio
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 40ml olive oil
- 50ml red wine
- 50g veal jus
- Slice thinly then sauté in a pan with olive oil. Add balsamic vinegar and red wine.
- Then braise it with veal stock.
Ingredients — Leeks serving four people (This process has to be done at least 10 days before)
- 500g leeks
- 2L water
- 60g salt
- Boil the water with salt.
- After it has cooled, add the leeks. Store in a glass jar. Cover well and set aside for 10 days.
After your beef tenderloin is ready, remove the leeks, cut in half and add some flour. Then fry at 185 celcius. Place the tenderloin in the middle of the plate, add the fried leeks and red raddichio and serve.
– For more about Dubai’s lifestyle, news and fashion scene follow Emirates Woman on Facebook and Instagram