New rules for food establishments
Yesterday, Dubai Municipality called on food establishments in Dubai to comply with a number of directives in order to further reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Following the move to close entertainment facilities and gyms as well as pub, bars and lounges until the end of the month, new rules from Food Safety Department will be implemented until further notice.
Health & Safety department has released the following eight pointers and highlighted that regular and frequent inspections will be conducted to ensure the compliance.
- Food establishments should not sell more than 50 meals per order
- Customers are not allowed to be in the waiting area to limit the number of people inside the food premises
- Seating tables should be spaced to insure 2 meters at least in between.
- Increase takeaway and home delivery orders (with adequate food safety precautions)
- Use disposable cups and eating utensils for serving food and beverages in facilities that have automated dishwashing facilities that meet the disinfection temperature requirements, regular plates and cutlery can be used
- Clean and disinfect of used tables after customer departure immediately
- Do not allow entry of any customers or employees with flu symptoms
- Open buffet must be closed permanently
Looks like you can still enjoy some of the best restaurants in the city, or do like team EW and snuggle on a sofa with a takeaway and one of our favourite feel-good series on Netflix.
More information on coronavirus:
Tips on how to prevent the spread of coronavirus
Sheikh Hamdan reveals reduction in DEWA bills for three months
– For more about Dubai’s lifestyle, news and fashion scene straight to your newsfeed, follow us on Facebook