One thing people don’t tell you about your wedding day is how much kissing you will be doing. Before you start complaining that we are being smutty, let us explain, because we are not. On your wedding day you will be kissing friends and family, as well as your husband, throughout the day and night as part of the celebration of the big day. So what does this mean? You need great lipstick and make-up that doesn’t rub off… here’s how to get it right…
Getting your make-up right is a hard enough feat on a normal day, so the pressure is far greater on ‘the’ biggest day of your life. But fear not, as Emirates Woman managed to get celebrity make-up artist Daniel Bauer to offer his top tips on how to get the look right for your wedding.
- First of all the best makeup in the world is healthy glowing skin. One very simple ingredient. Water.
- As a general rule, either let your eyes or lips do the talking. If both seem to stealing the show, it can look overpowering. Strong lips work best with subtle eyes, while smokey or metallic eyes complement nude lips beautifully
- If you can, ditch the foundations and opt for a good quality concealing stick, apply on the t-zone or where needed
- Makeup-wise, less is more
- For the perfect lip, first conceal the lip to create the best canvas, then you draw the lip in the shape you want with a pencil and then you fill. By using one colour on the whole lip, it makes the lips look prettier and plusher
- Love your lips and your lips will love you back. When choosing a lip colour, pick one which matches your outfit, skin tone, lip shape and the occasion. While certain colours work better on fair and dusky skin – trial and error is your best bet. For thinner lips, enhance them with bold strawberry and cherry colours, while for those girls lucky enough to have strong voluminous lips, keep to peach and vanilla
Daniel Bauer will be running a series of masterclasses, demonstrations and enlightening Q & A sessions in the Bridal and Beauty Theatre during The Bride Show Dubai which runs until March 28.
If you’re attending a wedding and need advice on what to buy the couple, visit here