A bride’s bouquet can say a lot about her, so choose wisely and remember there’s more to consider than just the colour
THE WILDFLOWER BOUQUET
Ever growing in popularity, wildflowers can make a bouquet look intricate as well as delicate, and make for one of the most durable arrangements.
THE SIMPLE BOUQUET
Some of the most beautiful bouquets look effortless, so choose a really strong flower such as the peony to compliment your look instead of overpowering it.
THE MODERN BOUQUET
Modern doesn’t always mean simplistic, so think of structured flowers when choosing your arrangements. The orchid is a great choice, keeping the look streamlined and chic.
THE OTT BOUQUET
So if you’re hosting a lavish affair, look at exotic flowers in a variety of colours. This style also works really well if you have a simple gown.
THE CLASSIC BOUQUET
If in doubt go classic and you won’t go wrong. So for your wedding why not stick to the ever-romantic rose – it’s simple, fragrant and durable.
THE SCENTED BOUQUET
For a beautifully perfumed bunch add a touch of herbs. From lavender, rosemary, sage and mint they not only smell amazing but also match well with a wild flower arrangement.
BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR FLORIST…
• Ask for references and look at a portfolio of their previous work.
• Make sure the floral designer you interview will be making or overseeing the arrangements.
• Timing is everything depending on the season, the price of some flowers might increase.
• Make sure the colours suit your wedding style and theme; bright contrasting colours are fun but not always as elegant as a simple palette.
• Depending on where your wedding is held think of the climate – some flowers don’t do well in humidity where others thrive.
• If you’re keeping your bouquets in water make sure to dry off the stems before passing them out. You don’t want water stains on your dresses.
• If you want to follow tradition but don’t want to toss your own bouquet get a smaller version made up for the ritual instead.
• Many brides like to dry their bouquets as a keepsake to their big day. Ensure you hang the arrangement in a cool, dry, dark place and store in a box lined with tissue paper.
EW’s Top Florists:
2. Bliss Dubai
3. Wud Flowers