Samantha Hamilton-Rushforth unveils the latest calming facial mists, hybrid foundations and hot-off-the-catwalk techniques to keep cool, calm and collected during this humid month
A fresh and flattering update for warmer climes, Estée Lauder’s Tom Pecheux has hailed white eyeshadow the “colour of the season”. Adopt a softer take with a light cream wash in the corners of the socket as seen at Altuzarra or strike a sporty edge a la Kenzo with fierce flicks of icy liner. Make the look really pop by pairing with lashings of mascara and a golden summer tan.
MIX AND MATCH
Take note of two new foundation hybrids designed to heal your skin as well as hide imperfections
Left to Right:
- Revitalizing Supreme CC Crème Dhs501 Estée Lauder Using extracts from black bamboo this colour-correcting serum regenerates surface cells from within, all the while offering flawless coverage
- Exceptional Complete Brightening Foundation SPF30 Dhs922 Guerlain Combines the anti-ageing power of the Orchidée Impériale super cream with a luxuriously velvet foundation.
Take the heat off with calming spritzers, mild mists and glow-enhancing facial elixirs
BEAUTY EDITOR’S TOP 5: Oil’s Well
Left to Right:
- Divine Oil Dhs164 caudalie Suitable for even the most sensitive skin, we love the fragrance of this herbal blend
- Skin Therapy Oil Dhs43 Palmer’s The original cure-all bottle, we recommend dousing your limbs in this straight after a shower to keep sun-induced dryness at bay
- Neem Hair Oil Dhs96 Dr Hauschka at basharacare.com Packed with essential oils this nourishing serum feeds the hair from scalp to tip
- J’adore Huile Dhs244 Dior Echoing the iconic scent of J’Adore this light oil soaks effortlessly into the skin
- Face and Body Shimmer Oil Dhs240 Clarins Illuminating and nourishing, use this shimmer for a sparkling sunset glow
LA DOLCE VITA
Inspired by a fresh Sicilian summer, the delicious new scent from Dolce&Gabbana infuses white water lilies with dreamy Amaryllis buds and fresh Neroli leaves. Bellissimo!
Main image: Kenzo