We’ve officially lived in this pandemic for over a year and the wearing of a mask daily has become a universal expectation.
While we’re all for wearing masks for everyone’s health and safety, it’s made the habit of unlocking phones with face ID rather inconvenient.
However, one TikTok user has pointed out that for iPhone users that this doesn’t have to be the case, revealing a hack that’s gone viral on the social media app.
The user, under the username @roxanna.roxi, explained that you can actually change the iPhone face ID settings which will enable it to recognise your face when wearing a mask.
Here’s the step-by-step process you need to follow:
- Select settings and go to ‘Face ID and Passcode’
- Then select the option ‘Set Up Alternate Appearance’
- You’ll be asked to put your face into different positions in a frame – as you do when you first set up face ID. This should be done without a mask at this point.
- After this, put your mask on and rotate your face twice. By doing these two steps face ID will recognise you with your mask on and off… hopefully.
– For more about Dubai’s lifestyle, news and fashion scene follow Emirates Woman on Facebook and Instagram.
Feature Image: SemSem