From conquering the runway to singing and now acting – Cara Delevingne is definitely the ultimate It girl in town! In honour of the model’s 23rd birthday we reveal 23 things you should know about Cara.
While you can read our fabulous interview with the Paper Town‘s star in our current August issue – the British beauty is our wonderful cover star – here are 23 lesser known things about Cara Delevingne.
1. Her full name is Cara Jocelyn Delevingne.
2. She stands 5ft 8ins tall. One inch taller than Kate Moss.
3. Her two sisters are model Poppy and and high society girl Chloe.
4. She has marching tattoos with BFF Jourdan Dunn.
5. Her mother Pandora Delevingne was once lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret.
6. Her godmother is actress Joan Collins.
7. Her grandfather is Sir Jocelyn Stevens, the founder of the radio station, Radio Caroline. He is also a former publisher of Queen magazine, which is now called Harper’s Bazaar.
8. She had her first photo shoot at 10 years old modelling Philip Treacy hats for Vogue Italia and was photographed by Bruce Weber.
9. Her family nickname is “Monster”.
10. She modeled for Cadbury chocolate ads when she was a little girl.
11. She suffered dyspraxia as a child. It’s a problem with coordinating her thoughts and movements. “Writing was always hard, exams a nightmare,” she once revealed on a magazine interview.
12. Cara signed with Storm Model Management in 2009 after being spotted by Sarah Doukas, the founder of Storm, who had previously discovered Kate Moss.
13. Her first catwalk appearance was at the 2011 London Fashion Week, stepping out in the Burberry Prorsum show.
14. She was a model in the 2012 and 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows.
15. In 2013, Cara was the most Googled fashion figure and the most re-blogged model on Tumblr.
16. She won model of the year at the British Fashion Awards in 2012 and 2014.
17. As well as modelling, singing and acting, Cara is also an extremely talented beat boxer and a drummer.
18. She has trademarked her name to avoid other people’s misuse of her name for their own marketing purposes.
19. She was roommates with Georgia May Jagger and also BFFs with Suki Waterhouse.
20. She counts Taylor Swift, Rita Ora, Miley Cyrus, Kendall Jenner among her numerous A-list pals.
21. In 2013, she recorded an acoustic duet cover version of Sonnentanz with British soul and jazz singer/songwriter Will Heard. Cara also teamed up with Pharell Williams to make the song CC The World which was used for the short Chanel film Reincarnation in which both Pharrell and Delevingne star.
22. Cara plays a magical mermaid in the upcoming film Pan.
23. She has a pet rabbit named Cecil (who also has an Instagram account).
Images: Instagram and Corbis