As the year draws to an end, it’s time to reflect on how 2016 has treated us. Some of us may have had a smashing year, others not so much.
There’s one thing for sure though, it was a great year for photography.
Mostly thanks to the UAE’s active Instagram scene, we’ve totted up a number of incredible images of the country we call home. So as a tribute to it all, we’ve gone and thrown together some of our favourites.
1. Dubai from above, lit up at night.
2. The city’s skyscrapers poke their heads through the fog.
3. The recent supermoon serves as a backdrop to the Burj Khalifa.
4. A video posted by Dubai’s Crown Prince, Sheikh Hamdan, shows himself enjoying coffee above the clouds on a foggy morning.
5. Dubai reflects the light from a sunset.
6. A top-down shot of Dubai Marina.
7. Wildlife on Sir Bani Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.
8. Two SUVs explore the golden dunes of the UAE’s desert.
9. A girl poses precariously on the edge of a Dubai Marina building.
10. A lantern-lined boardwalk with Dubai in the background.
11. A tourist flies by the Burj Khalifa on the XDubai zipline.
12. The sun’s rays peek through the clouds on to the city.
13. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi lit up at night.
14. A man feeds birds on the Corniche in Abu Dhabi.
A photo posted by 🇦🇪 Saleh AlTamimi (@altamimi_photography) on