Atlantis The Palm, has been named the most iconic destination resort in Dubai, after becoming the third most snapped hotel on Instagram in the world and most Instagrammed hotel in the Middle East.
The results were revealed in Instagram’s Year in Review 2015, which proved well and truly that we’re living in a digital age. Since 2010 (when Instagram was born), the humble, traditional photo album has been replaced with digital galleries.
With that in mind we reveal the most popular Insta-worthy spots in town. Here are the top 10 most hashtagged locations in Dubai.
1. The Dubai Mall – 1.1m #dubaimall
Taken from the 148th floor of the Burj Khalifa.
2. Burj Khalifa – 781.5k #burjkhalifa
The classic, shameless Burj Khalifa snap.
3. Jumeirah Beach – 408.7k #jbr
Is that second camel tied up to the first? Guess you could call it… a camel tow.
4. Burj Al Arab – 355.8k #burjalarab
The Burj Al Arab in the light of the setting sun.
5. Palm Jumeirah – 78.3k #palmjumeirah
Insta-user @alexandradand imitating the shape of The Palm to the best of her four-limbed abilities.
6. Atlantis Hotel – 48.4k #atlantisthepalm
Atlantis The Palm – go for the luxury, stay for the Insta-snaps.
7. Mall of the Emirates – 45k #malloftheemirates
Mall of the Emirates looking festive.
8. Ski Dubai – 40.9k #skidubai
Left penguin contemplates life while right penguin works it for the camera.
9. Madinat Jumeirah – 39.2k #madinatjumeirah
As many times as you visit, it’s hard not to take a photo of the Madinat at night.
10. Dubai Fountain – 32.3k #dubaifountain
The Dubai Fountain putting on a show for the spectators.
#dubaifountain #MyDubai A video posted by @zahra_jabr on
Main image: Kim K at the Atlantis