Spanish Omelette Recipe By Annabel Karmel
While this recipe by children’s cookery author Annabel Karmel might be for the kiddies, we think it’s pretty perfect for adults too.
Eggs make the perfect breakfast, and this omelette by Annabel Karmel is one that will have all your family craving more. Filled with new potatoes, courgettes and tomato, it’s the perfect combo of nutritious and filling.
The Perfect Spanish Omelette Recipe
Makes: six portions
- 100g small new potatoes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 courgette, diced or grated
- 2 tomatoes, peeled , deseeded and roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1tbsp milk
- 2tbsp freshly grated
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a lightly salted saucepan of water to the boil, add the new potatoes, reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for around 12 minutes, until tender. Drain, leave to cool and then cut into slices.
- Heat the olive oil in an 18 to 20cm non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and sauté for two minutes, then add the chopped courgette and sauté for around six minutes.
- When the courgette is cooked, add the tomatoes and cook for two minutes, then stir in the potato slices.
- Beat the eggs together with the milk, parmesan and a little seasoning. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and cook over a medium heat for about four minutes or until the eggs are set underneath.
- Place the frying pan under a pre-heated grill and cook for around three minutes, until golden and set.
- Allow to cool, then cut into wedges and wrap in foil.