Move Over Dubai Marina And The Palm… Introducing Dubai Harbour
You know that stretch of sand that runs from The Westin at Al Sufouh all the way to Dubai Marina?
Well it’s about to get a seriously luxe makeover and be transformed into Dubai Harbour.
What does this mean for me, you ask? Well it will be a new place to live, play, shop, sunbathe, cycle and run in the city (and all just minutes from the Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina).
Here’s the location (and the plans) for context:
Here’s what we know about the new masterplanned community so far…
– It will integrate Skydive Dubai and the Dubai International Marine Club (so yes, they will be part of the ‘burb).
– It will be a yachtie’s dream: there will be more than 1,400 berths for yachts and a cruise ship port.
– It will be finished in four years: so about 2021 then?
– It will feature many types of residences: from luxury waterfront villas to low-rise apartments.
– It will be walkable: there will be a walking and bicycle track that runs from Palm Jumeirah to Dubai Harbour.
– It will be home to a huge mall: the shopping centre will be at least nine times bigger than Dubai Marina Mall.
– It will have its own star tower: The Dubai Lighthouse – a 135-metre-high building (featuring a luxury hotel) that will have a solid and smooth façade that is being built to be used as a gigantic screen for high resolution projections and light shows.
– It may be home to an F1 race one day: The Dubai Media Office says that the “project’s roads will be designed to enable the destination to host Formula races”. F1 Dubai? Possibly.
Watch this space, we’ll bring you more on the luxe suburb as soon as we know it.