This marinated black cod recipe from the master chefs at Le 1947 Cheval Blanc Randheli is ideal for anyone who is unsure about how to up their omega 3 intake in a truly tasty way.
Who doesn’t love black cod? You can guarantee when you visit an Asian restaurant at least you or your diner partner is going to order it. However, with this recipe (courtesy of the chefs fromLe 1947 at Cheval Blanc Randheli) we no longer need to trek out of our homes to treat ourselves to this miso goodness.
This black cod recipe will impress even the snobbiest of dinner party guests.
Marinated Black Cod Recipe
- 180g black cod fillet
- 180ml miso sauce (see recipe below)
- 1kg red miso paste
- 500g sugar
- 800ml mirin (Japanese wine syrup)
- 20g salt
- 15g zucchini
- 15g carrots
- 15g snow peas
- 2 pieces green asparagus
- 1 piece Japanese ginger root (for garnish)
- Marinate the black cod for two to three days in half of the miso sauce in a chilled vacuum bag.
- Cook the cod in a broiler (or grill if you don’t have one) until golden brown.
- Saute the vegetables and add the remaining miso sauce.
- Plate the vegetables, cod and garnish with the Japanese ginger root.