The legendary actor (and part-time Dubai resident) turns 52 today.
He’s the face of Bollywood, with an incredible social media following of more than 62 million people.
So Shah Rukh Khan’s phone is probably going crazy with notifications today, as the New Delhi-born actor celebrates his birthday.
The Raees star turned 52 on November 2, and spent the occasion celebrating with friends and family at his Alibaug farmhouse, just south of Mumbai.
So, to mark Khan’s big day, we’ve rounded up several of our favourite facts about the star.
Read and enjoy (and happy birthday Shah Rukh Khan!)…
1. His favourite part of the human body is the collarbone.
2. He’s often nicknamed the “King of Bollywood” or “King Khan”, and he also goes by the acronym SRK.
3. The star was named in Forbes‘ annual highest-paid leading man list this year, coming in at a very impressive No 8. According to the publication, Khan made US$38 million (Dhs139 million) last year, thanks to films such as Raees, as well as his multiple endorsement deals.
4. He’s got a bachelor’s degree in Economics, and started studying for a Master’s in Mass Communications before leaving to pursue his acting dreams.
5. His very first acting job was in TV series Dil Dariya, which he filmed in 1988.
6. He got married on 25 October 1991, and shares three children with his wife Gauri Khan.
7. Khan owns a home on the Palm in Dubai, as well as a mansion in Mumbai.
8. He’s a talented sportsman, and was captain of the football, hockey and cricket teams at his high school in Delhi.
9. He revealed on Twitter in 2015 that items left on his bucket list include learning the guitar, learning to cook, finding the perfect pair of jeans, and re-reading Papillon.
10. He can always be relied upon for a wise word of life motto, such as this one: “Whatever you are doing, do it once.
“Then do it one more time even more carefully. Be diligent. Don’t just work, outwork yourself and nothing can come in the way of glory,” he told graduates earlier this year, according to Times of India.