5 Things You Need To Know About The Louis Vuitton x Jeff Koons Collaboration
The heritage brand gets arty in its latest releases…
Louis Vuitton is having a Renaissance of sorts, you could say.
The fashion house is again causing a frenzy in the fashion world, which is still buzzing from news of Vuitton’s collaboration with skateboarding brand Supreme, which is set to launch in July.
And this week, the heritage label revealed their latest collaboration with acclaimed pop artist Jeff Koons, which will launch worldwide on April 28.
Here are the top five things you need to know about the upcoming Masters collection…
1. The collection takes inspiration from Koons’ Gazing Ball series of large-scale, hand-painted reproductions of the Old Masters, and has applied them to a range of Louis Vuitton accessories. The artworks include Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, Titian’s Mars, Venus and Cupid, Fragonard’s Girl with a Dog, Van Gogh’s Wheat Fields and Cypresses, and Rubens’ Tiger Hunt.
2. The New York-based artist has also reimagined the Louis Vuitton monogram to include his own initials. This is a first for the brand, who’ve not let anymore reshape their iconic symbol in 16 years of collaborations.
3. The accessories are boldly emblazoned with the name of the original artist whose work is represented, paying homage to the Old Masters.
4. Each piece is finished with a leather tag in the shape of the inflatable rabbit that Koons famously cast in polished stainless steel in 1986.
5. A biography and portrait of Koons is also featured inside the bags.
The news doesn’t stop there – this is just the first stage of the collaboration between Louis Vuitton and Jeff Koons, with further chapters set to be announced soon.
The Louis Vuitton x Jeff Koons collaboration will be available at Louis Vuitton boutiques from April 28.