The Jordanian royal is a real-life Prince Charming.
Jordan’s Crown Prince Hussein, the eldest son of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania, turns 23 today. To mark his birthday, here are 10 facts about our favourite millennial prince.
1. Hussein is named after his grandfather, the late King Hussein, who founded modern Jordan.
2. He is older brother to Princess Iman, Princess Salma, and Prince Hashem.
3. He graduated from Georgetown University in the United States with a degree in international history.
4. The prince now attends the UK’s prestigious Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, where his father also studied (as well as British Princes William and Harry).
5. He holds the rank of first lieutenant in the Jordanian Armed Forces.
6. He is actively involved in youth empowerment efforts, and recently delivered an impassioned speech at the World Economic Forum about the issues faced by young people in the Middle East.
7. At the age of 20, he became the youngest person ever to chair a UN Security Council Meeting.
8. In his spare time, he enjoys reading and sports – especially football.
9. He also has a penchant for motorbikes.
10. In fact, he’s a bit of an all-round adrenaline junkie.
Happy birthday, Crown Prince Hussein!